I woke up way too early this morning—like 4 a.m.—and although I finally managed to get back to sleep for a while, I dreamed. Here is what I dreamed, along with my expert analysis of what it meant.
- I dreamed that my bird somehow managed to dismantle her cage from the inside. Well, that’s obvious! Aren’t we all sick of being caged up and ready to bust out?
- I dreamed that there was a big hole in the floorboards of my house. Representing the opening up of society? Let’s go with that.
- My cat Mr. Bean was here! But given that he died nearly five years ago, this was obviously a zombie cat and so I’m letting him represent the coronavirus. (Sorry, Mr. Bean.)
- The bird went through the hole in the floor, where she was caught by the cat. Oh, no! The virus is still out there!
- I managed to drag cat and bird out of the hole. (Another lockdown??) The bird was okay, though looking sad, bedraggled, and frightened.
And the moral of this story is: Stay in your cage! There are zombies on the loose!
If you have a better explanation of this dream, let me know. Otherwise, I’m sticking with this one!